You are here
Full-Time Positions at UVaP
Editorial, Design, and Production Coordinator
The University of Virginia Press is looking for an individual to provide support to the Editorial, Design, and Production Department. Join a collegial environment and be involved in following new scholarly and trade titles and reprints through manuscript to printed book. Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Providing specialized support to the Editorial, Design, and Production Department to meet goals of producing books in a timely manner while upholding high quality and staying within budget
- Helping maintain schedules for all works in progress and alerting Press staff and vendors to any significant schedule changes
- Reviewing unedited manuscripts and preparing castoffs
- Checking and routing proof
- Managing art transmittals to department
- Maintaining digital archive of published titles and design specifications for each title
- Managing reprints through all stages of design and production
- Providing design assistance as skills allow
- Entering key schedule dates, manufacturing specifications, and vendor information into database
- Communicating effectively with vendors and with Press staff
- Reviewing invoices and assisting with cost accounting.
The position reports to Anne Hegeman, Production Manager.
Applicants should submit an official application to UVA Human Resources at jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=83539 (posting number 0622382)
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
UVaP Internship Program
The University of Virginia Press seeks volunteer interns on an ongoing basis. These unpaid internships are a wonderful chance to gain valuable job experience and an understanding of the field of scholarly publishing. Past interns have gone on to successful careers in both scholarly and trade publishing. Opportunities are available in Marketing and our ROTUNDA Digital Imprint. Duties vary by department.
We ask for a time commitment of ten hours a week and prefer that interns stay at the Press for two semesters, though shorter internships are possible. Graduate and undergraduate students from all areas of the humanities and social sciences are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to find out more about our internship program please send your resume to email@example.com.