MS Format Sheet
Download a Word doc of the format sheet here.
Manuscripts (MSS) submitted for the Press’s consideration should meet the following physical requirements in order to ensure accurate evaluation. We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- The entire MS is formatted in 12-point Courier New or Courier font (like this).
- The entire MS is formatted double-spaced, with margins at 1 inch all around, and left justification only.
- Pages are numbered in the upper-right corner, consecutively from beginning to end of the MS, with front matter paginated separately; only the page number appears (no other headers, and no footers).
- No “styles” are applied in the electronic files–text appears as “normal”–and bibliographic or notes software and hyperlinks are disabled/turned off.
- Automatic hyphenation and widow/orphan protection are turned off.
- Neither italics nor boldface is used; underlining is used where text should be italicized in print.
- Chapter titles and subheads are typed upper- and lowercase (Like This and This), not in all caps (NOT LIKE THIS).
- In the paper printout, all notes are grouped at the end of the text. (They remain embedded as endnotes in the electronic file.) Each chapter’s notes are numbered beginning with 1 in each chapter.
- The MS is not stapled or otherwise bound. All pages are printed on one side only.
- If your book is to contain illustrations, photocopies accompany the MS at the evaluation stage.